GRILLED HALIBUT WITH SALMORIGLIO SAUCE
Grilled Halibut with Salmoriglio Sauce
By Ben Conniff, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer
Yields 2 Portions
For the Salmoriglio Sauce:
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
one garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
For the Halibut:
1 lb halibut steak
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Lemon wedge, for garnish
Instructions for the Sauce:
- Put lemon juice in a bowl, and slowly add olive oil in a thin stream, constantly whisking, until fully incorporated. Then add all other ingredients and mix evenly and set aside.
Instructions for the Halibut:
- Pat halibut steak dry with a paper towel. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp of olive oil on each side, and use your hands to make sure the steak has a light even coat. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and set aside by the grill for basting.
- Start your grill and prepare so you can cook your fish directly over the flame or hot coals. Clean and lightly oil your grill grate with vegetable oil (we recommend folding up a paper towel, covering one side in oil, pinching the paper towel in your grill tongs, and quickly rubbing oil onto the grate just before adding the fish).
- Lay halibut steak directly over hot coals. Grill, flipping after 4-6 minutes depending on the heat of your grill, once the first side is nicely browned. Brush the cooked side with olive oil while the other side cooks.
- After another 4-6 minutes, the bottom should be cooked and the internal temperature should reach 130F. Flip once more and brush olive oil on once again, then remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then season again with salt and pepper to taste, squeeze lemon wedge over your fish.
- Give the sauce one more stir to make sure it's evenly combines, then spoon over the top of the fish and serve.