By Lauren Gibson, Vice President of E-Commerce and Retail
If you thought pasta carbonara couldn't get any better, boy do we have news for you! Take this classic Italian dish and elevate it by adding Gulf of Maine lobster knuckle and claw meat for extra buttery richness.
1 lb steamed, chilled lobster knuckle & claw meat
1/3 cup plus Parmesan cheese, plus Extra for grating on top
1/2 Tsp black pepper
12oz fresh fettuccine
6oz bacon or pancetta, sliced into 1/2” pieces
1. Boil pasta in salted water until al Dente - drain and reserve 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp pasta water.
2. Sauté bacon in a wide, deep saucepan over medium heat until crispy.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and black pepper.
4. Add pasta to bacon and stir. Add 3/4 cup pasta water and stir continuously until sauce begins to thicken.
5. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
6. Add 2 Tbsp pasta water to egg mixture to temper. Slowly add egg mixture to pasta and stir for 30 seconds.
7. Add lobster knuckle and claw meat and stir until just combined.
8. Top with extra Parmesan and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!